Did You Know…
- The AFOL is an independent, non-profit society that is run by a Volunteer Board of Directors. They work throughout the year, meeting monthly to assess, plan, and implement everything needed to put on this event for 23 years now.
- In 2017, thanks to our volunteers we recorded over 3,000 volunteer hours from November 18, to January 14 alone.
- It does take all twelve months to plan and organize this annual tradition, meaning we have volunteer opportunities all year long, with specific projects in the warmer months, including maintenance of our displays.
- We partner with several other local organizations and groups in the off-season, providing equipment and volunteers to help their events run successfully too. We are very excited to be working the brand new Airdrie Children’s Festival Society in their inaugural event in May.
- We also partner with organizations off season, including work release programs as well as allowing individuals an opportunity to work off community service hours.
- We believe the spirit of volunteerism lies within our youth population, and work very hard to mentor those youth, helping them appreciate that sense of giving back within their community.
- We offer a fundraising program for local youth groups and other not for profit organizations in exchange for volunteer hours. Last year we had eight different fundraising groups that helped them earn more than $4,500 towards their own programming.
Committee Positions Available with the Airdrie Festival of Lights Society
- Fundraising and Grant Applications
- Volunteer Program
- Media Relations
- Human Resources
- Vendor Relations
- Legal Relations
For more information, please use the form below, or contact Kristen Wallace, Volunteer Coordinator Airdrie Festival of Lights Society firstname.lastname@example.org
Comments or questions are welcome.