Did You Know…
- The AFOL is an independent, non-profit society that is run by a Volunteer Board of Directors. They work throughout the year, meeting monthly to assess, plan, and implement everything needed to put on this event year after year.
- In 2016, thanks to our volunteers we recorded over 2200 volunteer hours from November 19, to January 8 alone. That doesn’t include the hundreds and hundreds of hours spent updating 700+ displays in our off-season.
- Speaking of, we have volunteer opportunities all year long, with specific projects in the warmer months, including maintenance of our displays.
- We partner with several other local organizations and groups in the off-season, providing equipment and volunteers to help their events run successfully too.
- We also partner with organizations off season, including work release programs as well as allowing individuals an opportunity to work off community service hours.
- We believe the spirit of volunteerism lies within our youth population, and work very hard to mentor those youth, helping them appreciate that sense of giving back within their community.
- We offer a fundraising program for local youth groups and other not for profit organizations in exchange for volunteer hours.
Committee Positions Available with the Airdrie Festival of Lights Society
- Fundraising and Grant Applications
- Volunteer Program
- Media Relations
- Human Resources
- Vendor Relations
- Legal Relations
For more information, please use the form below, or contact Jessica Neufeld, Volunteer Coordinator Airdrie Festival of Lights Society email@example.com
Comments or questions are welcome.