Thank You To Propak!
Our 2014 Volunteer Program Sponsor!
The Airdrie Festival of Lights is thrilled to announce that Propak, has signed on as the Super Glow Sponsor to our Volunteer Program! Why is this so exciting for us? Because, We Can’t Glow Without Our Volunteers! It’s a little known fact that the AFOL was started 18 years ago, by a group of local citizens, who thought they could put Airdrie on the map, and boy were they right! Their goal was to provide the residents of Airdrie and surrounding communities a low-cost, family friendly event. How do we continue to do that? With cash donations from our visitors, sponsorship dollars from local and corporate businesses, but most importantly, from our Volunteers giving so generously of their time, so we can run the entire 31 days in December!
Did You Know…
- The AFOL is an independent, non-profit society that is run by a Volunteer Board of Directors. They work throughout the year, meeting monthly to assess, plan, and implement everything needed to put on this event year after year.
- In 2013, thanks to our volunteers we recorded over 2600 volunteer hours from November 23, to January 6 alone. That doesn’t include the hundreds and hundreds of hours in our off season.
- Speaking of, we have volunteer opportunities all year long, with specific projects in the warmer months, including maintenance of our displays.
- We partner with several other local organizations and groups in the off-season, providing equipment and volunteers to help their events run successfully too.
- We also partner with organizations off season, including work release programs as well as allowing individuals an opportunity to work off community service hours.
- We believe the spirit of volunteerism lies within our youth population, and work very hard to mentor those youth, helping them appreciate that sense of giving back within their community.
- We offer a fundraising program for local youth groups and other not for profit organizations in exchange for volunteer hours.
To learn more about the different volunteer opportunities, click on the links below, or contact us using the form below.
And to those who give so generously of their time, we say,
Thank You Very, Very Much!
Comments or questions are welcome.